Congratulations to Leila for going to represent our Outback women at the 2022 Thriving Women’s Conference. The SA Arid Lands Landscape Board is supporting Leila and five other women from the region to attend the 2022 Conference in Hahndorf on 21-22 February. The Thriving Women Conference will bring together 200 rural, regional and remote women to discuss issues important to them, their industry and the wider rural sector. It will also be an opportunity for women to develop strategies to influence the future direction of their own business, industries and communities. The conference bring together delegates to address the business needs, issues and opportunities for women and to develop strategies for building resilient communities.
The stimulating and supportive environment of Thriving Women 2022:
- builds the capacity and confidence of emerging women leaders to take on influential and decision-making roles.
- encourages the development of networks to share a common passion for primary production.
- increases awareness, understanding and opportunities of the diverse roles of women in the agricultural sector.
- fosters participation in programs and awards that recognise the contribution and potential of women.
- raises the profile of agribusiness and the contribution being made by women towards a prosperous sustainable future for agriculture in Australia.
Thriving Women 2022 will focus on The Impact of Us acknowledging and fostering the impact women are having on their own lives, businesses, communities and industries.