Woomera Baker Observatory
- Only an hours drive from Andamooka, the Woomera Baker Observatory has a 3.5m purpose-built fiberglass dome housing a new telescope installed on 6th March 2020.
- The observatory is located within the Woomera Prohibited Area
- Run by Rebecca, Richard and Broccoli along with their wonderful bunch of volunteers.
- Visitors will be able to see planets (and maybe their moons), star clusters and nebula.
- Open on Friday evenings from about 8:30 pm till late.
- Check their Facebook page for up to date opening hours. As stargazing is reliant on the weather it’s always a good idea to check.
Woomera, South Australia, 5720
Call: 0457 552 355
- The Woomera Baker Observatory and the Andamooka Observatory collaborate on many community STEM and Science based projects and initiatives in the Far North Region: joint Astronomy activities, science and arts events and National Science Week.
- Since 2018, each Tuesday morning the Woomera Baker Observatory’s Rebecca Tayler and the Andamooka Observatory’s Conan Fahey talks what’s new and weird in space news, stargazing, science and astronomy on the ABC North and West SA’s weekly segment ‘SPACE’!